Workers’ Compensation Attorneys
Workers’ compensation is mandatory for most employees under Pennsylvania law. Workers’ compensation insurance provides coverage to injured workers or employees who become ill as a result of work or for a job-related injury. Worker’s Compensation coverage can include:
- Replacing some lost income
- Medical care for a work-related injury or illness
- Health care expenses: Surgery, doctor visits, medicine, medical equipment and lab tests.
- Ongoing care expenses. For example, an employee trips and falls and breaks his leg. He needs months of physical therapy to recover from his injury.
- Illnesses. An employee can get sick from exposure to chemicals or allergens. Workers’ comp can help cover an employee’s treatment costs.
- Repetitive injuries, such as carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Partial disability payments that may compensate employee unable to work at full capacity.
- Total disability payments to compensate employees who are unable to return to work.
- Permanent injury payments, which may compensate for loss of a body part.
- Death benefits may be paid to a spouse and minor dependents if an employee dies from work-related injury or illness within 300 weeks after injury.
If you or a family member have been injured at work, don’t take simply assume that your Employer will “take care of you.” You have a right to valuable benefits under the Pennsylvania Workers Compensation Act.
We have years of experience representing injured workers against their Employers or compensation insurance carriers. Contact us today for a free consultation.